Winter 2014 Staff Application Form
One of the most critical elements of the Taglit-Birthright Israel educational trip is the staff. Both Israeli staff and the staff from abroad are essential in framing and interpreting the participants’ experience and in serving as role models of positive Jewish identity. They are significant forces in influencing what happens in an educational program. Taglit-Birthright Israel is committed to strengthening this aspect of the program. In order to come as staff, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a minimum of 22 years of age for our 18-21 year old trips
- Be a minimum of 25 years of age for our 22+ trips
- All staff members- from Israel and abroad – must be committed to – and act as role models of – the values of Ahavat Yisrael, Clal Yisrael, and Medinat Yisrael. Both their speech and their deeds must overtly affirm these values.
- Have prior Israel experience – preferably on an extended educational trip. For example: semester/year-long programs, staffing of Israel experience programs, etc.
Just having attended a Taglit-Birthright Israel trip will NOT be sufficient.
- Have basic Jewish knowledge as evidenced by, for example: graduate of day school or Jewish Hebrew high school; Jewish studies courses at university or the equivalent; participation in an Informal Jewish Educational Institute or series of workshops.
- Have practical experience in areas of either working with young people (youth group advisor, Hillel staff, significant Jewish camp staff experience, courses in education or social work, rabbinic or Jewish education degree, etc.) or having held leadership positions in youth organizations and movements or Jewish campus organizations.
- Taglit-Birthright Israel alumni who recruit a certain number of new applicants are eligible to be Taglit-Birthright Israel overseas staff only on the condition that they meet all the other educational criteria specified herein.
- Willingness to be a team player.
- Ability to support and demonstrate IsraelExperts' pluralistic and liberal approach to education.
- To contribute to the educational experience with appropriate programming.
- To engage with the group as an educator, role model, facilitator and resource before, during and after the trip.
- To be able to manage difficult situations with clarity, creativity and authority.
If you feel that you can meet the above qualifications and expectations, please fully complete the following application. Please note that you will not receive a confirmation, but rest assured we will receive your application and begin the screening process by September.
If you are a former participant, please send a photo (so we can remember who you are) via email.
Please Note: Due to the limited number of staff positions and the overwhelming response this season, we will not be able to get back to each applicant.
If you haven't heard from us by the end of December, please reapply next season.
Also Note: Staff are not compensated for travel to and from the departure/arrival airport inside the USA. You are responsible for getting to and from the airport on your own.